A Bend In The Road Of Recovery

A way in which I can vent my spleen about things that are really only important to me.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Updates and Revelations

Okay, so it's Wednesday and I've been avoiding the blog for a bit. I apologize. So, how was the New Year celebrations? In a word? Non-existant. Yep, that's right. I had a quiet night at home with Dora and Colby-Jack, and it was peaceful and relaxing. I spent some time on the phone with my family in Hawai`i and in California, was ambushed on the phone by, what everyone would deem a wicked wicked aunt, and read a lot.

My plans were to go out with my friend, Jenn, but her friend, Christi from Grand Island, NE, gave her a call and rather than keep Jenn in Omaha (which is what I would have liked), I told her that she should go and hang out with her friend who she hadn't seen in forever. No, no hard feelings because I did have an enjoyably quiet evening. I was looking forward to a night of debauchery, instead, I had a nice night where I didn’t have to dress up, do my hair or makeup, and I could just sit and relax with my babies.

Sunday wasn’t a big to do either. Dora and I met Rob and Elaine and trained for about a half an hour – just working on her obedience and new commands. I’m hoping that she’ll know how to fuss (pronounced foos – it’s a command for heel) properly by the time I take her home to Hawai`i. Again, very easy going and no stress whatsoever.

Monday was similar. I had a killer headache so we didn’t do too much, but we did go to train for a bit. I think she just likes to get out of the apartment and run around – because we did a lot of that, too. Then, after dinner on Monday, (shock of shocks) Kory called me! He wanted to know when he could come and get his stuff. I was so thrilled! I was seriously starting to wonder if he was going to come to get his crap! During the phone conversation, he says, “This is really nice – this talking to you and stuff.” So, I say, “Yeah, well…” And (here’s where the revelation comes into the picture) this is what I’ve discovered: I’m over him. It will be nice to see him, but I’m over him. Because as I was sitting there watching Dog The Bounty Hunter and talking to Kory, I realized that I really was still thinking about Arthur. It wasn’t a conscious effort thing where I had to bring his image in my mind…it was just there.

This discovery has led me to another: I really truly like Arthur. Every time I see him, I get these little butterflies in my tummy. A look, a glance, a gesture…it doesn’t take much. And I don’t think it’s rebound crap or that I’m clinging to someone to like because, for a long while, I denied any kind of emotion that was other than just being friends. Now, though, I am totally liking him!

Jeanean says that we need to plan another outing so that we can possibly get to be more than just co-workers. Anyway, it’s a sound plan and I’m up for just about anything. Anyway, that’s the update and revelation(s). Isn’t it interesting that things work themselves out that way?

1 Comments:

Blogger rpalmeira said...

Progress is an amazing thing. Congrats. Hope all goes well in the new year. I've resolved to stop drinking...tequila. I saw Walter yesterday, he's off to CA with a bunch of kids for a tournament this weekend. He says "Hi."

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home