A Bend In The Road Of Recovery

A way in which I can vent my spleen about things that are really only important to me.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 16, 2005

Christmas Party 2005!

On Wednesday, Davis Rebar employees (and a couple of my friends, Calli and Alan, and Alan's Mom) came to Rob's house for a Christmas party!

We had Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que for dinner, a gift exchange, and lots of Christmas cheer. And yes, Arthur was there! I went home after work to take a nap, shower, and get ready at my leisure. Well, I overslept with my nap, had to rush to get ready, and ended up leaving one of my best buds hanging because there was major miscommunication.

In spite of all that, I had a great time. Jake (this player guy from the office) was there, and I believe it is his personal mission to get me hammered.

For dinner, I sat at the table with Ka`ai, Tim, Jake, and Rob. Later that evening, Cal, Al, and his mom joined us. It was really nice because once he was done with his dinner, Arthur came over to the table and sat with us. Then, when I was done with dinner and the gift exchange and people were starting to leave, I mosied on over to the loveseat and planted my behind down. Startling enough, it was where Arthur and Jake were sitting. I didn't think anything of it until Arthur came to sit down next to me. (Yay!) Jake came back and gave me this sour look, but I showed him that there were more seats to be had, and he sat down on an open seat across from the loveseat where Arthur and I were sitting.

It was cool because we were laughing and having an all around good time. And every once in a while, I would catch him looking my way with this sleepy/dreamy look in his eyes and, "Ahhh...." It was nice. (Okay, you can proceed to roll your eyes and mock me, but as I type all of this, I'm smiling from ear to ear!)

Anyway, I think Calli and Al's mom (Joanne) got a couple of pictures. We'll see what they've got. If they're good, maybe I can share them! So, the night went along, and soon it was about 11 pm. Everyone left after that but me and Cal, Al, and his mom. We left shortly thereafter. Calli was bummed because she wanted to make a move for me on Arthur, but she didn't because she couldn't get him when he was completely by himself.

I'd say the night was a total success, and after that, there's a plan to go out to a bar after work some time next week! I'm truly excited!! Anyway, wish me luck!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home