A Bend In The Road Of Recovery

A way in which I can vent my spleen about things that are really only important to me.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, December 05, 2005

Another Monday

So, it's back to the grind this morning, and yet, it's not so bad really. I think today will be a slow day for me. My co-worker is leaving at half day for a test that she's really nervous about. Good luck, Jeanean! I know you'll be great and fabulous! (It's a pretty tough test and she's working really hard so that she only has to take it once!)

I got to see "the man" this morning. It was brief, but, as always, wonderful. I just like to hear him speak and watch him speak, and it's great.

I got to work early this morning - again - so that I could get a head start on stuff (and in hopes of being able to catch a quick glimpse) and it appears that this will be an unusually slow Monday for me.

I did have a fabulous weekend, though. On Saturday, two of my very great friends got engaged. CONGRATULATIONS!!! And there was a great party (1/2 birthday party for him and 1/2 surprise engagement party for her) on Saturday to celebrate so very many things. It was awesome! And, I finally found a beer that I like! I met this really crazy lady named Becky, and she, Jenn, and I hit it off and were the divas of the party! We had so much fun that I'm losing my voice. (Which might not be such a bad thing when it comes to talking to Arthur.)

Anyway, I was called a chicken shit several times this weekend and was told to just "ball up" and ask him to hang out and stuff like that. I can't do stuff like that! It's crazy! (Not only is it crazy, I'd be opening up myself to rejection, and I really don't think that I could take that...not now - hell, not ever!) I know it sounds really stupid, but I was burned so badly by Kory, and I'm really enjoying this crush of mine. And the more I think about it, the more real it becomes.

Anyway, that's all for now. I know it's really not as coherent as usual, but it's one of those days. Write me back and lemme know what you're thinking! Me :)

1 Comments:

Blogger rpalmeira said...

I've come to understand that the fear of rejection is paralyzing and just stupid. It's not you that get's rejected, it's the connection. And while it's easy to find someone you get along with, it's hard to find a solid connection that can be easily kept.

and hey, what the hell is this about a good beer? Guiness? Red Stripe?

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home