A Bend In The Road Of Recovery

A way in which I can vent my spleen about things that are really only important to me.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It's Been A While...

Okay, so I've been derelict in my duty to blog for the last few days, but I have a great reason why! I am in sunny California! I arrived in L.A. on Monday night for a week-long visit with my cousins. I have three cousins who live in California and two of the three will be spending the Thanksgiving holiday with me! I'm so happy!

In any case, that's why I haven't been very good about keeping up with my recovery - which, by the way, is finally where I can recognize things and accept them for what they are. For example, I realize that, while I am very much enjoying my crush on Arthur, when it comes to the thought of intimacy, it's Kory that I think of first...I suppose that's normal because I've been with Kory and have only had dreams about being with Arthur. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be with another man...Kory's all I've ever known - in all ways - including the biblical sense of the word.

Anyway, I just wanted to write that I am feeling tremendous and so excited that I can hardly contain myself. Last night, I cooked for my cousin Pua - who I'm staying with, and my other cousin, Bryan (and his little family) came over for dinner. I was thrilled that they enjoyed the dinner that I had made. I truly liked that people enjoyed my food. I love cooking for people - even if there's no real reason to cook other than to sit and eat together.

But, that's what I've been up to. Tonight, we finish our Thanksgiving dinner shopping, and tomorrow, it's out to Bryan's house where we'll prepare dinner. I'm very excited about this opportunity to really get to know Bryan's wife, Sarah. I believe that it was hard for me to accept her in the beginning, but I see how much love is between the little threesome (with their son, Jacob), and it makes me very happy to know that our future family's generations are in such loving hands.

What do you think? I think that's enough for now. Reid, if you're reading this, I did the unthinkable and left my phones at home in Omaha. Happy Thanksgiving if I don't get to talk to you! Love you. Me :)

1 Comments:

Blogger rpalmeira said...

Good to know you can get away from the phone for a while. Must be peaceful. Aside from the internet it's my only means of communication and I should probably toss it under a fucking bus. Talking to people is driving me nutty, talking to myself is driving me nutty. I think I'm just not drunk enough.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home