A Bend In The Road Of Recovery

A way in which I can vent my spleen about things that are really only important to me.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 14, 2005

Before I Go...

Before I go home, I thought I'd update. I am truly thankful that I can do this. If you ever encounter people who discount the value of writing something - even though there may be no one to see or acknowledge it - screw them! This has been the most theraputic thing I've done since April.

I've written letters to Kory that I've never sent. Those gave me peace for a time, but this active writing on a regular basis - or whenever I think to do it - is far better than boring my "friends" who truly don't understand but continue to offer their half-hearted assistance. Again, to my friend who passed this on, I LOVE YOU!

Okay, very quickly - FOOD FOR THOUGHT: The one that you're meant to be with will never make you cry or hurt the way that you are hurting or crying now over the one that you thought should be it.

2 Comments:

Blogger rpalmeira said...

So I see that the blog thing is contagious eh? Cathartic is probably the better term but there's something in writing thoughts down. A quiet contemplation that brings calm. At least when I can get my damn hand to stop shaking. I used to prefer writing by hand, of course almost totally illegible, there was something about the tactile sensation of writing versus typing that I liked more. But it takes longer and my handwriting sucks, and my notebook was getting full of thoughts I rarely read.

I wish you the best Maka, the road of confusion and loss is long, narrow at some points and wide at others. But life is a blues song, not so much for the depressing story but for the message of hope. That all this shit can be coming down at once and yet, there exists a spark of hope for the future.

I'm not a religious person, but I share with you the same prayer I've been reciting, may it bring you calm. Lord please bring peace and rest. The mind is tired, the body is tired and the soul is heavy, please bring rest.

5:30 AM  
Blogger rpalmeira said...

so the blogging is contagious eh? I guess the better term would be cathartic. There's something about writing it down that helps get it out. Some strange sense of release. I used to prefer writing by hand except my handwriting sucks and my notebook was getting full.

The road of loss is long; narrow at some points and wide at others. It's not an easy road to travel, but it does end. It's a blues song. Not in the depressing story, but in the everlasting message of hope. Hope that despite the sadness of today, there is a light for the future, even a small spark of light is still hope, and it gets brighter as days pass.

I'm not a religious person, but I share with you the smae prayer I've been repeating to myself. Lord bring rest. The mind is tired, the body is tired and the sould is heavy. Please help Maka rest.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home