A Bend In The Road Of Recovery

A way in which I can vent my spleen about things that are really only important to me.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Okay, so it's the day after, but I was totally monopolized yesterday. It seems that dinner took longer than I had anticipated and it was a crazy crazy day. I met my nephew (actually a second cousin), Jacob, and I think he's the cutest thing since baby shoes! It's amazing what a baby brings to one's life, isn't it?

Anyway, our Thanksgiving was a success and dinner was delicious! We're already planning for next year! I'm so happy that I decided to do this trip this year. It's been tough with the whole Kory thing, but I'm really coming along. I am happy in my role as a single person and truly excited about the possibilities that lay ahead.

If there's one thing that I've learned on this trip, it is that family is everything. No matter how unhappy you might be at any given point in time, there is always someone in your family who understands and can help to ease your journey on a difficult path. My cousins are great. While one of them still has a lot of growing up to do, it is nice to see that he is on the right path.

So, I am thankful for my family - as disfunctional as they are, my friends - because life without friends is really no life at all, and for all the things that will help me to grow and prosper - including the hardships. I didn't think to include adversities until I thought about the fact that (here are two cheesey lines coming up) you're only given what you can handle, and what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Okay, okay, enough of the wise-man stuff...Thanks, too, to you, Reid, for giving me an outlet. I hope your Thanksgiving holiday went better than the last few weeks for you. I love you dearly and hope all is well!

Me :)

1 Comments:

Blogger rpalmeira said...

Hi Maka,
no thanks necessary for an introduction to an outlet, thank you for being there when I need you. glad to hear you had a good thanksgiving. I too had a pretty good one. I came to an understanding with myself. whether it'll make me stronger is yet to be seen. I'm optimistic that eventually it will, now I just have to bridge the large divide between eventually and actually. Keep in touch when you get a chance. It was good to talk to you. happy holidays

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home