A Bend In The Road Of Recovery

A way in which I can vent my spleen about things that are really only important to me.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Disappointment

Okay, so I'm very young in my understanding and enjoyment of football. I never really understood much about the game until recently, and I have discovered that I actually like it. I'm not seasoned enough where I can discuss the topic with any kind of knowledge or conviction, but I do enjoy the sport more than I have in the past.

Knowing this, is it any wonder that I would have watched the Rose Bowl last night? Well, I did, and I have to say that, while I live in the Mid-West and occasionally support the Big 12, I was rooting for the Trojans to take it all home last night. You see, I've got two cousins who are USC alums and so was supporting the team. Not to mention that I have, in my new found interest in the sport, learned that USC (in this past season) was a force to be reckoned with. So, I hoped.

Nearing the end of the fourth quarter - with only nine minutes remaining - I had hoped and hoped that they could hold on to their lead. Unfortunately, they couldn't and the defense lost it for them all. Oh well.

I suppose that it's not such a big loss, but with my hopes torn asunder, I suppose I can only look forward to next season. In any event, that's how my evening was spent - that and talking to my two sisters. (Actually, my sister and my cousin who might as well be a sister, too.) So, to them, I apologize for dividing my attention between our discussion and the game. I will endeavor to be a better listener and devote my attention to one thing at a time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home